It has been awhile since I have posted. I have been reading a lot, playing with my new iPhone a lot, enjoying summer and the lack of responsibilities it brings, and ignoring my blog.
Instead of taking time to go back through everything I have read this summer, I am simply going to make a list. Because really, who doesn’t like a good list? Also, today is my last day of summer break (back to school tomorrow) and so I feel it is appropriate to reflect on what I have read this summer.
- Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes – Chris Crutcher
- Flash Burnout – L.K. Madigan
- Unwind – Neal Shusterman
- How to Steal a Car – Pete Hautman
- The Girl Who Played With Fire – Stieg Larson
- Gym Candy – Carl Deuker
- Going Bovine – Libba Bray
- Shiver – Maggie Stiefvater
- Split – Swati Avasthi
- Angry Management – Chris Crutcher
- The Help – Kathryn Stockett
- The Girl Who Kicked a Hornets Nest – Stieg Larson
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson – John Green & David Levithan
- Deadline – Chris Crutcher
- The Book Whisperer – Donalyn Miller
- Into the Wild – Jon Krakauer
- Mockingjay – Suzanne Collins
- It’s a Book – Lane Smith
Eighteen books in two and a half months is not so shabby. I’ve read less in more time.
I am currently reading Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (the sequel to Shiver). I am liking it, but I am probably not going to finish it before tomorrow, so it won’t make the summer reading list.
* * *
A book you MUST read …
A few days ago I saw a title come across my Twitter feed, It’s a Book by Lane Smith. The comments that followed about the book caught my attention. Today I bought my own copy and now I am telling you to get yours (or at least check it out from the library – or if not that then go to a book store and stand in the aisle while you read it, it is not very long). I am not going to say what it is about or give anything away. It is a short funny book that every reader and lover of books should read. It will make you smile. I can’t wait to share it with my students.