The best part about the end of the year (besides a reason to sing Auld Lang Syne, and the holidays, and the food, and the good times had with family and friends) are all of the “best of” lists that appear, especially the best of books lists. Below are a few of my favorites from the past month.
- Best of Young Adult Fiction (Mostly) – Jonathan hunt, NPR
- Best Books of 2009 – many lists by NPR contributors, including the list listed above
- The Ten Best Books of 2009 – New York Times Book Review
- Top Ten Best Books for Young Adults – YALSA
- Books of 2009 – James Wood, The New Yorker
- Top 100 Editor’s Pick and other user generated lists – Amazon.com